Search this site
- Photo Galleries
- Photo Questions
- Photo Blog
“Wild at Heart” Available in BookstoresSee More Motion
These are pages from National Geographic Magazine…View Our Publications
News + Updates
- Melissa Talks About Her First Photo
- “We don’t cherry pick anthropology… YO…”
- Melissa Farlow, Ami Vitale National Geographic Talks in Phoenix and New York
- Randy on National Geographic’s PROOF
- Blue Chalk Video by Rob Finch and Jamie Francis Shot for NatGeoCreative.com
- Melissa Farlow/Ami Vitale National Geographic Traveler Seminar in DC March 2nd
- Our photographs in Christies Limited Edition 125 Years of National Geographic Auction
About Olson & Farlow
Melissa Farlow and Randy Olson are photojournalists in the documentary tradition. Even though they are published in LIFE, GEO, Smithsonian and other magazines, they have primarily photographed for the National Geographic Society on over 50 assignments that have taken them to 50 countries over the past 20 years.
They normally work individually, but have co-produced National Geographic Magazine stories on Northern California, National Parks and the Alps. They photographed a joint book project on the Southern United States and have collaborated on over 70 books with other photographers that are published by Collins Publishers, National Geographic and others.Learn more about Randy and Melissa
Random Journal Excerpt From a Remote Location
sometimes photographs make people happy
When we left last year Ibriham was sneaking off into the woods to meet prospective Muslim wives… there are no dating options in these areas… So I wasn’t surprised when we showed up and he had a new wife… I was surprised that the grandmother had died last week. We brought a framed photograph that had the grandma in the background and the kids all circled her over and over with their fingers.
Find a Photograph
TIP: Use this to find a stock photo in the OlsonFarlow stock archives. Enter a name, region, country, activity or keyword phrase, For example: "Alligator, Okenfenokee Swamp"